Friday, March 16, 2012

Fried Green Tomato Salad with Chipotle Dressing


[Letting my tomatoes dry out with salt.  I chose to use cornmeal to fry them}
Finished it off with some chicken:}
I decide to make something that takes me back..Fried Green Tomato Salad with Chipotle Dressing.  Since I am half Creole, I have fond memories of my mom making fried green tomatoes for me.  Here is a little spin to it.  To say that this was an easy recipe would make me a liar.  Making the dressing from scratch while tomatoes are frying is not ideal.  The green tomatoes were difficult to find but the Adobe sauce was almost impossible.  After 3 stores, I finally found it at a random mexican store.  I found the recipe to make the sauce and that seemed even more difficult! so the search was well worth it.  Despite the hassle, it was two thumbs up!

2 comments:

Jamie the Biker said...

I had a Girlfriend that was Creole years ago. She was a great girl, & cook some awesome things like this. Fine memory.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, you cook?

That's like, not even fair...